New Year, New Resolutions

6 Jan

Most of us have made New Year’s resolutions, and unfortunately, most of us have failed to keep them. I tend to keep mine up for the first couple of weeks, but inevitably fail in my resolve. So, this year I decided to try something different. Why not have a little fun with my resolutions by making them more style and beauty oriented?

New-Year-New-You-New-Resolutions

1.  Try a new look: This year I’m going to make a look I’ve previously shied away from work for me! 2014 marks the year I rock the classic pencil skirt, with mix prints or lace texture and make it a perfect sexy staple.

2. Learn a new, fun skill: I resolve to master knitting and make some colorful and bold knitwear all by myself!

3. Not take my skin for granted: I’m going to grab 2014 with two lusciously soft hands as I promise myself to moisturize as often as possible, while also making a concerted effort to find, and apply an awesome nighttime eye serum.  I am on the lookout for a great eye cream. Any ideas ladies?

4. Beautify my mind: This year I endeavor to make more time to read and educate myself. I’m not talking War and Peace here, but a fun pocket-sized etiquette and social situations book for example, will certainly be added to my 2014 reading list.

What fashion or beauty resolutions will you make for 2014?

MyFavesJournalFacebook Instagram Twitter | bloglovin‘ Pinterest

12 Responses to “New Year, New Resolutions”

1. peacelovegreatcountrymusic January 6, 2014 at 4:52 pm #

I’m a firm supporter of the Mary Kay eye serums and products. I don’t sell them, I’m just a longtime user of the products. I’ve always been satisfied and I like the prices.

2. reversecommuter January 6, 2014 at 5:34 pm #

LOVE the knitted lamp shades – what a fun idea!
    Like your list -clever! HNY!

3. essentjewels January 6, 2014 at 6:42 pm #

These seem pretty obtainable I am definitely with you on.

Try Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate by Clarins it’s complete age control.

4. toopretty12 January 6, 2014 at 8:20 pm #

Reblogged this on The Pretty Canary.

5. dannadesigns January 6, 2014 at 9:18 pm #

I love your resolutions…Perfect for a fashionista! :)

6. FreeUrCloset January 6, 2014 at 10:07 pm #

I love these little ideas. I thought about taking up knitting, too. Would be fun to make our own scarves and beanies ;)

• myfavesjournal January 6, 2014 at 10:59 pm #

I love the beanie and scarf idea! I hope that my first attempt at a beanie doesn’t turn into a scarf :) but it will be fun no matter what.

7. Fashion Sky Fall January 7, 2014 at 2:51 am #

I love that skirt <3

8. Cowboys and Crossbones January 7, 2014 at 4:46 pm #

Great resolutions! And, I’m all over #3. I don’t want old lady hands when I’m still young!