March 2014 – 5 Beauty Brands We Love!

31 Mar

I love testing different brands, whether it’s fashion  or beauty, there’s something exciting about a making a discovery! For the past few months, I’ve been experimenting with a few beauty brands that I’ve either bought for myself or been given at events, and I’m now eager to share them with you. Below are just a few of my faves.

Have you ever tried any of these brands?

5-Beauty-Brands-We-Love-March-2014

1: Beauty Mark – You can tell I’m out for a wild night with the girls by my fierce, yet completely noncommittal, beauty mark star tattoo :). Yup, this is how I’ve been spicing up and adding some edge to my beauty look. The Beauty Mark comes in two different sizes, jumbo and slim. So far I’ve been partial to the boldness of the jumbo star.

2: CurlKit – I recently signed up for CurlKit, a natural hair box subscription site which sends you a selection of 7 – 9 samples and full-size products that have been selected by expert haircare professionals. Every hair product on this site is for women/men with natural curly hair. I usually style my hair straight during the winter, but during the summer I go back and forth. I am very excited to give it try!

3: Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick –   I received this lipstick as a tester from Influenster several weeks ago. I don’t usually go for such vibrant colors, but once I gave it a try the daring color grew on me and I had a lot of fun playing dressed-up with it. This lipstick lives up to its word, and you’ll be hooked once you get used to having your lips so lushly infused with moisture.

4: Dear Clark –  If you want to revitalize your stressed hair, check out the resurrecting shampoo and conditioner from Dear Clark. I find it very gentle, giving my hair great body and shine without drying it out. I love what Dear Clark stands for.  All of Dear Clark’s hair products are packaged and manufactured in the U.S.A. and are sulphate free, paraben free, cruelty-free and gluten free.

5: Nuance Salma Hayek Firming Day & Night Cream – This is fairly new in my skincare regime but it’s quickly becoming a favorite. I was fortunately able to get my hands on a press sample and have been using this moisturizer every night. It does not disappoint when I awaken every morning to radiantly hydrated skin. I love the ingredients (rose petals, violet leaf, and lavender flower) which goes to work sealing in the moisture while I get my best beauty sleep.

MyFavesJournalFacebook | Instagram | Twitter | bloglovin‘ | Pinterest

Disclosure: This post contains a few press sample (s).

11 Responses to “March 2014 – 5 Beauty Brands We Love!”

1. Julie, from prosecco to plaid March 31, 2014 at 1:54 pm #

Love the Rimmel lipstick! GREAT finds and roundup. xo, Julie

2. SerachShiro March 31, 2014 at 2:10 pm #

Interesting products and you made me very curious with the Curlkit and the Beauty Mark, some lovely products to try out :) !

• myfavesjournal April 1, 2014 at 12:26 am #

Glad you think so! I can’t wait to get my subscription and try all the goodies. Thanks!

3. Kajsa Josephine March 31, 2014 at 2:38 pm #

Have not tried any of these, but the beauty mark triggers my curiosity.

4. FreeUrCloset March 31, 2014 at 4:10 pm #

I love Rimmel…the lipstick is really moisturizing and the price is great. The Beauty Mark tattoo is one worth trying out. I’ll have to check it out!

5. dannadesigns March 31, 2014 at 4:44 pm #

Thanks for sharing these beautifying brands! <3

6. Cowboys and Crossbones March 31, 2014 at 5:33 pm #

I love that you’re tattooing a beauty mark on. Go Girl! I haven’t tried any of the brands but I am curious about the Salma Hayek moisturizer. If I can wake up looking like her, I’m sold!

7. essentjewels April 1, 2014 at 6:52 pm #

Definitely need to try #5.

8. Diana @ The Cole Collection April 2, 2014 at 4:59 pm #

I love the idea of the curlkit, I’ll give it a try and maybe rock my natural curls for the in forever! Thanks x d

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. A Peek From My Eggcellent Weekend | My Faves Journal - April 21, 2014

[…] Another friend of mine, a beauty junky like me, booked us for a mini facial from Mario Badescu at Lord & Taylor. Would you believe I live in NYC and I’ve never been to Lord & Taylor? The tourists probably know this city better than I do. I really need to take advantage of this city! Mario Badescu had a promotion in fact, free mini-facial and beauty samples to introduce customers to their products. I’ve been on the hunt for a facial sunscreen forever, so it was perfect timing for me to try their sunscreen. Of course, I’ll report back on Beauty Brands We Love! […]